ACE Enrolled Nurse Requirements
For your ACE Enrolled Nurse application to be deemed complete, you will need to supply or complete the following components. (Please remember to save each section as you complete it - the save button is always at the bottom of each page).
ACE Enrolled Nursing Application Form
- Eligibility for ACE Enrolled Nursing
- Personal Details
- Workforce/Diversity Questionnaire
- You are required to provide two references as part of your application.
- One of your referees must be a Clinical Tutor from your nursing school or tertiary provider and the other must be a Nurse Preceptor who has supervised you. If you have completed your final placement, you must use a referee from this placement.
- Both references must be requested, completed and returned via the ACE system within the four weeks that applications are open, for your application to be deemed complete and to progress to the next stage of the process. For information on how to request references please see the ACE Applicant Guide or the Reference Section within your ACE application. If you are having difficulty getting in touch with your referees, or your referees are not completing your references, please contact the ACE centre on 0800 223 226.
- You will be required to select up to five employers you are interested in working for. It is recommended that applicants preference multiple employers, as this increases the number of employers who are likely to consider their application. Applicants may also be contacted by employers they have not preferenced while they are in the talent pool.
- Please note that these preferences can be amended after applications close and you will need to email ACE email@example.com to do this
Practice Setting Preferences
- You will need to indicate the practice setting areas (clinical areas) in which you would like to work. A full list of these areas and information about specific practice setting areas are available here.
- Employer vacancies vary, and final practice settings will be agreed between employers and applicants as a part of the recruitment process.
- Applicants are required to supply an up to date Resume (CV) as part of their ACE application. A Resume Template is available as a guide however applicants are encouraged to develop their own format and style of document. Note that CVs need to be created and saved as PDFs in order to be uploaded to your ACE application. If you do not have a PDF converter on your personal laptop, you may find that the common computers at your tertiary institute will have them, there are also others available online, just Google them. ACE will only accept PDF copies of your documents, because it guarantees that each employer can open and view your documents.
- Uploading at least one cover letter is mandatory. You can either address a single cover letter to all of your preferenced employers (up to five) OR you can upload a different cover letter for each employer you have preferenced. Full details on what you should include within your cover letter can be found within the ACE Applicant Guide however it is strongly recommended you do your research prior to writing your Cover Letters and consider the areas that employers are likely to have vacancies within.
Verified Academic Transcript
Every ACE applicant must supply an up-to-date copy of their most up to date Diploma of Enrolled Nursing academic transcript which has either been certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP), Lawyer, Court Registrar or Police Officer or verified (by their Nursing School) as being a true and accurate record of the grades awarded.
Applicants may supply the following versions of their Academic Transcript:
- An unofficial academic transcript verified by the Nursing School
- An unofficial academic transcript certified against by a JP, Lawyer, Court Registrar or Police Officer
- An official academic transcript certified by a JP, Lawyer, Court Registrar or Police Officer
- An official academic transcript verified by the Nursing School
Verified Identification and Residency/Citizenship Documents
- Applicants are required to supply certified copies of one of the following sets of documentation. Documents can be certified by a Justice of the Peace (JP), Lawyer, Court Registrar or a Police Officer. These certified copies must then be scanned and uploaded to your application in PDF format. If you have had a statutory name change by deed poll, please provide the proof by scanning this document together with your New Zealand Driver's License or Student Identification Card.
- New Zealand Citizens: The photo page of a New Zealand Passport plus New Zealand Tertiary Student Identification Card or New Zealand Driver’s License. For New Zealand Citizens in lieu of a New Zealand Passport or New Zealand Driver's License, ACE will accept a New Zealand Citizenship Certificate or New Zealand Full Birth Certificate that is issued on or after 1 January 1998 and that carries a unique identification number.
- Permanent Resident Visa or Returning Resident Visa Holders: The photo page of an Overseas Passport plus the relevant Visa Document plus New Zealand Tertiary Student Identification Card or New Zealand Driver’s License.
For the purpose of your ACE application only, we will accept a certified copy of an expired New Zealand passport. You can also use copies of ID documents that have been certified previously as long as they are clear and readable. This exception is only for your ACE application. If you are matched to a DHB then they might ask for additional documents in accordance with their employment process.